ORBIT is expanding its team of freelance trainers from Academia and Industry
We are recruiting to meet the growing demand for RRI (responsible research and innovation) training in leading universities across the UK. Over the next five years ORBIT will train over 1500 doctoral students in the latest set of UKRI-funded Centres for Doctoral Training.
Certified ORBIT trainers can expect a generous day rate, reimbursement of costs and have the opportunity of engaging with leading researchers in a wide range of technologies including quantum, AI, robotics, space.
- Are you interested in ethical and social aspects of novel technologies involving ICT (information and communication technology)?
- Do you have expertise in ICT research or other disciplines involved in RRI?
- Would you like to share your knowledge and contribute to building a community of practice in RRI?
- Do you like to engage with people and have experience in delivering high quality teaching and training?
If the answer to these questions is YES, we would like to invite you to register your interest below.
The ORBIT team is organising an event to train the trainers that will take place on 29 August 2019 in Leicester. The purpose of the event is to
- Clarify the principles and practices of RRI
- Explain the ORBIT approach to RRI training
- Collect input and good practice to develop ORBIT training further
Applications for this first in a series of train the trainers events are accepted until 23.08.2019. Early registration is advised because places are limited. Selected participants will be informed as soon as possible. Joining instructions will be provided to selected participants. We will consider reimbursing reasonable travel costs on request.